Paleo Bowl

Paleo Bowl


Belly-fat-fighting ingredients: salmon, eggs, greens, avocado


When I first set out on my experiment in Paleo eating, breakfast was the toughest meal for me to navigate. As a lover of easy on-the-run breakfasts like overnight oatmeal and yogurt with granola, I knew I was going to have to make a change in my morning routine to stay in line with the Paleo lifestyle's guidelines. While I have reintroduced dairy, gluten, and legumes into my diet, this cavewoman-approved breakfast continues to be a staple in my weekday routine.

Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and protein, this low-carb, 335-calorie breakfast takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and feels like I've treated myself to a beautiful brunch at a neighborhood hot spot. It will fill you up, fuel your morning, and keep you satisfied until lunch time rolls around.

INGREDIENTS

1 teaspoon ghee
2 fresh eggs
2 ounces wild smoked salmon (roughly 2 thin slices)
1/2 cup arugula
1/4 avocado, diced
Squeeze of fresh lemon
Pinch of freshly ground pepper


DIRECTIONS

1. Heat your ghee over medium heat and swirl around in a nonstick pan. Slowly put 2 (unscrambled) eggs into the pan and cook until done, about 6 minutes.
2. While your eggs are cooking, assemble your arugula, avocado, and smoked salmon in a shallow bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over everything, and sprinkle with pepper.
3. Once your eggs are fully cooked, slide them into your bowl, and enjoy immediately.

INFORMATION

Category Breakfast/Brunch Yield One bowl

NUTRITION

Calories per serving 335


source:https://www.popsugar.com

Whatsapp Button works on Mobile Device only

Start typing and press Enter to search